Roatan Vacation Rental Agreement
This is a Vacation Rental Agreement and making the reservation, or signature on this agreement, or payment of money, or taking possession of the property after receipt of the agreement, is evidence of your acceptance of the agreement and your intent to use this property for a vacation rental. This Vacation Rental Agreement (“Agreement”) entered this day by and between Roatan Vacation Rentals, as agent for the owner of the Property (“Owner) referred to herein as “Roatan Vacation Rentals” and the undersigned “Guest,” whether one or more.
In consideration of the mutual covenants and conditions herein, Roatan Vacation Rentals, solely on behalf of the Owner, does hereby lease and rent to the Guest the Property named herein on the following terms and conditions in addition to the CONFIRMATION PROVISIONS set forth herein.
1. RENTAL PERIOD: This Agreement is for the property and dates provided for on the reservation form being submitted. Check in time is 4pm. Check out time is 10am unless otherwise specified.
2. CREDIT CARD POLICY: Roatan Life Vacation Rentals (DBA Roatan Vacation Rentals) policy requires the guest to present the credit card(s) used for the reservation, as well as identification, at check in. We will take a photo of the card and a photo of the guest’s ID. If the card has expired or changed since the reservation was made, we will need to see an updated card for that same account. If the card is not brought to the check-in, then the rental will be forfeited at the guest’s expense. There are no exceptions to this policy.
3. INITIAL DEPOSIT AND RENTAL AGREEMENT: The rental agreement must be acknowledged and returned with the first payment, which must occur within five (5) days of making the reservation if paid by wire transfer, or the reservation shall be automatically cancelled. Payment made by credit card will occur when the reservation is made either on- line or over the telephone. Payment can be made by wire transfer, Visa or MasterCard, American Express etc.
4. PAYMENTS: Final payment must be received sixty (60) days prior to check-in date. Roatan Vacation Rentals will attempt to charge the credit card on file at this time. Any additional guest services charges during stay will charged immediately unless alternative payment details have been arranged.
5. CANCELATION: Cancelation greater than 90 days subject to $100 administrative fee Cancelation 61-90 days subject to 25% of the rental or $100 whatever is greater. Cancelation 30-60 days subject to 50% of the rental
Cancelation less than 30 days forfeits entire rental
**However, if the property is re-rented for all or part of the time cancelled, any retained rent or deposits shall be refunded, up to the net amount paid to the owner by the new renter, less a
$100 administrative fee.
6. BREACH: If a Guest or any member of their party violates any terms or conditions of this Agreement, including the rules and regulations attached hereto, Roatan Vacation Rentals may terminate this Agreement and Guest shall be subject to eviction and shall be subject to forfeiture of total payments for any days remaining under lease term. Any security deposit will be handled in accordance with paragraph 4 above.
7. WEATHER AND SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES: We recommend the purchase of travel vacation insurance at Guest’s expense that may protect against unforeseen weather events, involuntary unemployment, family sickness or death, trip interruption or other special circumstances. Further information is available upon request and on our website.
Guest understands that Dwelling is a privately owned home and is being made available for rent. In the event of a major system failure such as air conditioning, water pump, or a major appliance and Roatan Vacation Rentals is unable to secure timely repair after notice of failure, Roatan Vacation Rentals reserves the right to move guest to comparable accommodations with no rate reduction.
8. WAIVER OF LIABILITY FOR POOLS: The Guest will assume all responsibility for their party for the risk of using the private or community pools and agrees to waive any claim whatsoever against Owner or Roatan Vacation Rentals for accidents or claims arising from use of private or community pools.
9. The parties agree to waive trial by jury in any action between them arising out of or in any way connected with this lease or Guest’s use or occupancy of the premises.
10. Upon reasonable notice, Roatan Vacation Rentals agents or employees will have the right to enter the property at reasonable hours and times to confirm compliance by Guest with the provisions of this lease that Guest is required to perform, to inspect the premises, to make such repairs or alterations as Roatan Vacation Rentals considers proper.
11. NUMBER OF GUESTS: The number of occupants allowed for property is based upon the number of beds with 2 persons per bed. This number includes both adults and children who sleep in their own beds. Any additional Guests beyond this number must be authorized by Roatan Vacation Rentals prior to your arrival.
12. PETS: Pets are not allowed in most homes. For homes accepting pets, it must be approved in advance and all applicable pet fees and deposits collected.
13. LINENS AND ACCESSORIES: Linens and normal housekeeping items such as appliances, dishes, silverware, cookware and glassware are provided. Guests should plan to supply paper goods, laundry soap, beach chairs, beach towels and any outdoor equipment.
14. LOST ITEMS: Roatan Vacation Rentals is not responsible for lost or misplaced personal items. However, if notified and/or found within a reasonable amount of time, Roatan Vacation Rentals will ship items using a valid guest credit card.
15. DAMAGED ITEMS: Guest agrees to not hold the Homeowner, or Roatan Vacation Rentals liable for personal injury or personal property damage sustained by Guest, or parties invited onto the property by Guest.
16. KEYS: As these are privately owned properties, you are responsible for lost keys. In the event that keys are lost, misplaced, or not returned, the guest will be responsible for a lost key charge of $20 per key.
17. INTERNET AND CABLE OR SATELLITE TV: Infrastructure on Roatan is not first world, we provide no guarantees regarding interruption in service for internet, or TV service, cause by 3rd party providers.
18. AIRPORT TRANSPORTATION: Once you arrive in Roatan, if you have not rented a vehicle, we recommend you allow us to arrange a trusted bilingual taxi driver to meet you outside baggage claim. For a small additional charge they will even stop at the grocery store on the way for you if you like. If you would like to rent a car, just let us know and we can help make the arrangements for you. WE NEED TO HAVE A PLAN for your arrival so be sure to communicate with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm arrival instructions so we can meet up and check you into the house.
19. SECURITY DEPOSIT: Included in your rental is a non- refundable fee of $59 providing coverage under our Accidental Property Damage Protection Plan. This protection coverage provides you, and your guests, with coverage for accidental damage that may take place at the property during your stay, for up to a total of $1,000 .The waiver or coverage only applies to accidental damages that are reported prior to checkout. Damages in excess of $1,000, as well as damages or losses excluded from, or otherwise not covered by the protection clause will be charged to the guest. Note: Water sports equipment to include paddle boards, kayaks and paddles are not included. For more details regarding this coverage please contact us. After Check-Out, the Rental Manager will inspect the unit for damage, missing items, and abnormally dirty appearance. If the Rental Manager determines that damage is present, items are missing, or the unit is abnormally dirty, the Rental Manager will repair the damage, replace the missing items, and/or perform a deep clean of the unit at Guest’s expense. Guest authorizes Rental Manager to charge the credit card on file or obtain access to a valid credit card for the amount of expenses not covered by the damage protection plan.
20. Smoking: Our homes are non-smoking. If non-smoking house policies are violated a $250 cleaning damage charge will be taken from security deposit.
AFTER HOURS ASSISTANCE AND MAINTENANCE: Please contact Roatan Vacation Rentals immediately.
ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties and there are no representations, inducement or other provisions other than those expressed in writing as contained herein. No representations, agreements, undertakings or promises whether oral or implied or inferred have been made by either Roatan Vacation Rentals or
Guest unless expressly stated herein. I HAVE READ THIS ENTIRE CONTRACT AND AGREE THAT I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF THE ABOVE RULES. I AGREE TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL DAMAGES CAUSED BY MY PARTY. ROATAN VACATION RENTALS HAS MY EXPRESS PERMISSION TO AUTHORIZE MY CREDIT CARD OR TAKE CASH FOR A SECURITY DEPOSIT IN THE AMOUNT OF EQUAL TO THE WEEKLY RENTAL AMOUNT. I UNDERSTAND THAT, SHOULD IT BE NECESSARY, THIS AUTHORIZATION WILL BE UTILIZED BY ROATAN VACATION RENTALS TO CHARGE ME FOR ANY DAMAGES, MISSING ITEMS, ANY EXTRAORDINARY CLEANING TO THE UNIT AND ANY CHARGES ARISING FROM ANY VIOLATION OF THE VACATION RENTAL ORDINANCE BY MYSELF OR ANYONE IN MY PARTY.
I agree that this is a legally binding document and I have read all terms and conditions.
Guest Printed Name
THIS SIGNED GUEST LICENSE AGREEMENT SHOULD BE RETURNED IMMEDIATELY UPON RECEIPT