The Caribbean Breeze community of West Bay offers an ideal combination of being in the most popular area of Roatan without being surrounded by tourists. Set off the beach next to West Bay Mall, Caribbean Breeze 7A could be your perfect spot for a long-term or seasonal stay in Roatan.
Meet Francesca Diaco from Franklin Lakes, NJ. Francesca is a professional underwater photographer and photojournalist. She is also the owner/operator of two dive and underwater photography businesses.
When you visit us in Roatan, you can improve your photography skills with 1-on-1 training with Francesca!
Francesca has lived in Roatan since 2014 after first living here from 2001 – 2004. “I left in 2004 to travel and dive other parts of the world and ended up in Southeast Asia and Australia for 10 years,” she says. “But I always thought of Roatan as it was my favorite place I had lived. So I returned in 2014 to settle once again and set up business and have been really happy with my island life ever since.”
Not only does Francesca offer an incredible service for our dive community, but she’s also been a wonderful part of our Roatan Vacation Rentals community for the past 4 years! Here’s what she wanted to say about her experience with our long-term rental options:
“I have been renting from Roatan Vacation Rentals for nearly 4 years now (over two rental properties) and have nothing but great things to say about them,” she says. “They are helpful, organized, responsive and a pleasure to work with. They really make life so much easier for me from accepting direct transfers from my US bank account, paying RECO bills on my behalf, facilitating quick repairs when needed and managing timely lease renewals.”
Find out more about Francesca’s businesses:
Roatan Underwater Photography
Get personalized underwater photography training tailored to your skill set, camera gear and photo goals, designed to maximize results and help you take your photography to the next level. Enjoy concierge-style service (they come to you) as well as online training to help you brush up on your skills before you arrive. They also offer camera rentals on the West Side of the island!
Book your next group dive expeditions (led by Francesca) to some of the world’s hottest dive destinations, including Indonesia, French Polynesia, Palau, and more! You’ll also get underwater photography mentoring to ensure you get the best possible photos from your trip. Fisheye Expeditions is also a booking agent for some of the world’s best dive resorts and liveaboards and they also offer customized camera gear advice and sales.
Every photography training session in Roatan is 100% customized to each client, so you can really transform your photography even in just a few days. Book your sessions with Francesca for your next visit to Roatan – you won’t regret it!
CATTLEYA is one of our favorite charity organizations here in Roatan. Offering training and education for children with disabilities, CATTLEYA is currently helping 29 children aged between 3 and 25 years old. Each child’s monthly assistance costs around $200, with parents contributing approximately 18% of those funds.
CATTLEYA would like to share a few facts about Down syndrome:
1. Down syndrome (DS) is a genetic condition where a person is born with an extra copy of chromosome 21.
2. The exact cause of the extra chromosome that triggers Down syndrome is unknown.
3. One in every 691 babies in the U.S. is born with Down syndrome
4. In 1983, the average life expectancy of a person with Down syndrome was a mere 25-years-old. Presently that age has grown to 60.
5. Since the 1970s, U.S. public schools are required by law to provide free and appropriate education to children with Down syndrome. In Honduras, this only came into effect in 2014. One of the goals of CATTLEYA is to promote appropriate inclusion.
6. The likelihood of giving birth to a child with Down syndrome increases with maternal age, however, 80% of babies with Down syndrome are born to women under 35 years of age because this age group gives birth most frequently.
7. While behavior, mental ability, and physical development vary from person to person, many individuals with Down syndrome grow up to hold jobs, live independently, and enjoy normal recreational activities.
Price Reduced! This estate home comes with a separate, smaller detached home, ideal for relatives or a full-time caretaker. An observation deck ensures you have a panoramic view of the breathtaking ocean sunset before retiring to any of the 6 smartly designed bedrooms.